Friday, December 30, 2011

Carpet Installed and Open House Plans

This week, my sister and I made our way over to Cokeville on Wednesday and Thursday to see what we could accomplish. We managed to touch-up paint and hang a couple of bathroom mirrors, which was nice and easy...

And we managed to clean the kitchen and refrigerator and install the under-cabinet lights, which we love, love, love....

I'll be honest, installing the under-cabinet lighting kind of freaked me out. It involved cutting permanent holes into gorgeous, brand new cabinets. After reading the instructions and thinking about how to get it done, what I really wanted to do was just forget the whole idea and letting the homeowners tackle this one, if they even wanted to!? But I new that whoever got this house would  probably never get around to it, and we had had our electrician run a special switch for our lighting outlet, so I knew deep down that we really should just do it and get it done. So after enquiring with my bff google and watching a few tutorials on the HGTV website, I gathered my courage, and went for it. And I am so glad I did. It turned out great and wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Whoever gets this house is going to love them...I sure would!

And while we slaved away in the kitchen on Thursday morning, carpet was being installed. Happy day! And it looks amazing. It is amazing how carpet can completely transform a place. It finally looks like a home someone could actually live in.

Our open house is scheduled for next weekend - Friday, January 6, & Saturday, January 7. It's scheduled to be advertised in all the local/surrounding area papers and everything, so it's official...come hell or highwater!? If you are in a 2-3 hour radius from Cokeville (and anyone in Northern Utah/Western Wyoming/Southern Idaho is) and have been at all curious, you are not going to want to miss this. The weather should be great for a drive next weekend, and the local restaurant, Blondies, serves the best mushroom-swiss burger I've ever had. So go ahead and plan on it...

2 comments:

  1. this has been so fun to follow and you guys pretty much stayed on schedule which is more than I can say for so many experienced remodelers. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my baby didn't have to have surgery, I might have just snuck away to come and see it!!! I'd love to see a video tour of the place after the open house is over with (if you have the time)!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete